Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Have a problem on my 2006 xtrail in that the discs are overheating on only one of the car with a strong smell of burning and are glowing orange.

Have had the brakes inspected and there are no problems reported.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is it the front? Have a look at the calipers, :bigcry: at a guess they are binding, it will get so hot that you can hardly touch the wheel.
Also you may feel a judder in the steering.
It happened to me and I had to replace the caliper, I tried freeing the piston but it came back within a week, I beleive it is a common problem with x trails there have been other topics on this befor. :bigcry: :bigcry:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
My wife had the same problem with the Almera. The last weeks: after a few days standing still, the car was only to move forwards with much effort. They (garage) tared the brakes apart and cleaned the gliding paths and put copper grease on all the moving parts. The handbrake has a separate drum with brake shoes (X-Trail too??) and they were rusty as well. They cleaned them too and now it's like a warm knife through butter: very good now, the (hand) braking is even better as it was before!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.