Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are you sitting comfortably , then i`ll begin long long ago ---no sorry thats the other tale! just before christmas the x-trail wasn`t starting just a quickly as nornally i fitted a new battery because it still had original one 2004 in ,and changed the glowplugs ,so far so good for the first couple of days it started on the first or second turn of the engine but slowly albeit with the weather getting really cold in the morning it was just taking a little bit too long to fire up.it still starts ok and really there isn`t a thought that it won`t start but its not right. anyway i have checked the old glowplugs on the bench with a battery and they all heat up , then do the same test with the new ones and they don`t heat up at all ! the suppliers have said if i send them back they will send them back to NGK for testing but of course they won`t give me a replacement set until they are proved faulty, which means i have to shell out for another set . my problem is how likely is it for all 4 new plugs to be faulty? so i have checked the car it`s self and there is power going the the glowplugs ,but it seems to have power all the time is this right ? i would have thought that after the engine started the voltage would stop going to the plugs ? is there some sort of relay ? if this shoulded be getting power all the time i wonder if this has "burned out " the new plugs any ideas /comments /suggestions welcome cheers john
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that umbongo i`ve just been out and put a voltmeter on glowplug terminals and they are getting power ,the power seems to still be there after engine fires up i think there is some sort of delay as within a minute or so it goes off.( if anyone else is looking for this relay its a bit difficult to spot at first as its under the in-pipe to air filter .i had air filter housing off looking for it . i think to do any work on it you would need to lift battery out ) anyway umbongo as last message i still think the new plugs must be faulty ,i have sent them back for testing so will have to wait and see ! thanks once again for your advice. john
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top