Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Nissan X-Trail T30, 2.0 SE+
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saying goodbye to everyone, I would still be here lurking, seems a good forum; just a shame the management gave up on it and took me well over a year to get in, until Vertical Scope took charge. Was trying to join from around June 2020!

I loved the X-Trail, but rising fuel prices put me off over past few months sadly. Was not interested in diesel, as I may sometimes enter the ULEZ, not paying Khan no additional money. Newer X-Trail like T32 is out of my price range. So do not know if I would be replacing it with another vehicle, it was a second car and was handy with the lil one and taking large objects inside.

I was getting less to the tank than a Focus RS which was shocking. I kept the vehicle a lot longer than I expected, only was to keep it 1 month then sell it, had it for a year and a half.

Last night I hardly even slept kept waking up felt literally sick at the thought of selling it, seems like I lost a friend, I nearly cried when it went; misses gave me a hug then when it drove off. The misses been telling me to sell it ages now, as I said I initially got it as a project. I feel tempted to do another project, but feel I may get hanged.

·
Registered
Nissan X Trail Columbia 2.2 DCi 2006
847 Posts
Just saying goodbye to everyone, I would still be here lurking, seems a good forum; just a shame the management gave up on it and took me well over a year to get in, until Vertical Scope took charge. Was trying to join from around June 2020!

I loved the X-Trail, but rising fuel prices put me off over past few months sadly. Was not interested in diesel, as I may sometimes enter the ULEZ, not paying Khan no additional money. Newer X-Trail like T32 is out of my price range. So do not know if I would be replacing it with another vehicle, it was a second car and was handy with the lil one and taking large objects inside.

I was getting less to the tank than a Focus RS which was shocking. I kept the vehicle a lot longer than I expected, only was to keep it 1 month then sell it, had it for a year and a half.

Last night I hardly even slept kept waking up felt literally sick at the thought of selling it, seems like I lost a friend, I nearly cried when it went; misses gave me a hug then when it drove off. The misses been telling me to sell it ages now, as I said I initially got it as a project. I feel tempted to do another project, but feel I may get hanged.
Sorry to see you go after such a short time here. It was obvious how much you loved your exy. Feel free to hang around, as your knowledge is really useful. Thank you for your help and advice while you have been here.

·
Registered
08' T31 Adventurer 2.0dci
748 Posts
Sorry to hear this .I feel for you as we do grow attached to our Xtrails.. Afraid any London driving will be off limits to many drivers now ,and that includes me too (Not that I want to go there now anyway ;)) I just can't believe the price of fuel per litre .I mean we all moaned like mad when it passed £1 per litre and look at it now :mad:.The T30 dci I sold last year was a fantastic vehicle and I got it all up together with a pedders lift ,rust treated and running fine and was sorry to see it go , but I wanted to update to a T31 which I have now done and that is all up together now with quite a fair amount of work .I am sure in the future things will change and you can become the owner of an Xtrail again ,just keep your eyes open as there are little bargains to be had , (y).All the best Dave

·
Registered
2002 Nissan X-Trail T30, 2.0 SE+
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I remember when it hit near 90p a litre when we had the protests in 2001 and I thought that was bad. It had last cost me over £80 to fil the tank. I only travel into London for work. If it was not for work, I would not even bother.
Hopefully one day I would be back in a X-Trail again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.