Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post on here being a new Xtrail owner. Just a question for those that have done it, but is it worth updating the GPS mapping to the later disk that is for sale on eBay. The street I live in isn’t on the maps, so I’m wonderin* how much more is missing on the disk that came with my 2008 model.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi, first post on here being a new Xtrail owner. Just a question for those that have done it, but is it worth updating the GPS mapping to the later disk that is for sale on eBay. The street I live in isn’t on the maps, so I’m wonderin* how much more is missing on the disk that came with my 2008 model.
I wouldn't both with eBay discs - they don't work!!!! I have a 2011 Tekna Facelift with newer system and latest maps on that from Nissan at around £150 are last quarter 2018!!! Simply use Waze!

·
Registered
366 Posts
The ebay disk worked on mine, but it is only possible to update to 2013 so there will still be places that don't appear. I recently drove round the Norwich ring road and the sat-nav showed me as driving across a field. Likewise when I park outside my son's house, which was only finished last year, it shows me as being parked in the middle of a field. Whether it is worth doing is up to you, but as mine cost me less than £10, I did. I still kept the old disk though, just in case.

·
Registered
399 Posts
My latest Nissan disc does show a little of the northern distributor road but only small section - like you the rest is fields lol.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts