Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks

Does anyone know what the "official" and "actual" ground clearance figures are? Also, is there a safe depth of water to drive through - i seem to recall something somewhere about 1-2ft but i cant remember where!

·
Registered
50 Posts
JonP said:
Hey folks

Does anyone know what the "official" and "actual" ground clearance figures are? Also, is there a safe depth of water to drive through - i seem to recall something somewhere about 1-2ft but i cant remember where!
It depends on the tyres yu have fitted. I found that the lowest point always seemed to be the rear silencer. :whistle:

Define "safe" :D. anything below the air intake is "safe", although you may wish to extend the breather pipes. It also depends whether you wish to be baling out water from inside the cab. Trust me - Salisbury chalk and water dont smell nice. The most vulnerable part of the X-T when wading, I found, was the Air conn compressor. Two trips thru Salisbury mud and the bearings scream like a banshee. It still works, but the X-T sounds like a Stuka on a bombing run :(.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got dunlop all season 17" fitted at the moment. I was just curious how much of an off roader the X-T actually is when it comes to water.

The air intake - is that the funnel shaped plastic bit just underneath the bonet?

I dont fancy bailing out water from the cab!

·
Registered
7 Posts
JonP said:
Hey folks

It is approximately 280mm for a standard T31. Breathers on the differentials are the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.