Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Kez a fortysomething geek!

I wanted a diesel 4x4 that gave 40mpg, had lots of toys and would be comfortable on my regular client trips around the UK, so I bought a 2009 dCi 173 Tekna ex-demonstrator, 6 months old with 5,000 miles which was by far the best package! :biggrin:

2 weeks in and I am loving the drive and gadgets albeit having a bit of fun sorting out a cradle for my Blackberry. The vent mounted one from my Dodge doesnt fit the narrow vents by the satnav screen so a windscreen stick on one is looking like the best bet, unless someone has a better idea!

I'm glad I found this place as the Dodge forum for my former ride was very useful and I am sure this one will be too!

Happy X-Trails folks!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Kez said:
I'm Kez a fortysomething geek!

I wanted a diesel 4x4 that gave 40mpg, had lots of toys and would be comfortable on my regular client trips around the UK, so I bought a 2009 dCi 173 Tekna ex-demonstrator, 6 months old with 5,000 miles which was by far the best package! :biggrin:

2 weeks in and I am loving the drive and gadgets albeit having a bit of fun sorting out a cradle for my Blackberry. The vent mounted one from my Dodge doesn't fit the narrow vents by the satnav screen so a windscreen stick on one is looking like the best bet, unless someone has a better idea!

I'm glad I found this place as the Dodge forum for my former ride was very useful and I am sure this one will be too!

Happy X-Trails folks!
Hi Kez and welcome.

I get about 32mpg from my 59 plate 173 dCi Sport Extreme, so if you get 40 you are very lucky.

Personally I would not bother mounting the blackberry - it's a hassle and an advert for thieves.

I use the car SatNav and keep the phone in my pocket - the phone is Bluetooth linked to the car and I answer calls by the remote on the steering wheel - you can also link the phonebook and dial as well, so no need to put it in a cradle.

I hope this helps.

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response and it has been averaging just over 40mpg so far but I havent had it in 4wd yet.

I have my phone linked to the car which works fine and if it was just calls then it would stay in my pocket however Bluetooth eats the battery so I need the cradle to charge it on a long journey plus the dreaded email! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Kez said:
Thanks for the response and it has been averaging just over 40mpg so far but I havent had it in 4wd yet.

I have my phone linked to the car which works fine and if it was just calls then it would stay in my pocket however Bluetooth eats the battery so I need the cradle to charge it on a long journey plus the dreaded email! :twisted:
Aaah - I see.

40mpg is excellent - I have mine in 4wd Auto in the winter and will switch to 2wd in April or May. But I do do a lot of motorway driving and 32mpg is average, but I did get almost 35mpg at 60mph on normal cross-country roads.

By the way, from the link at the bottom of your post it looks like we are in the same industry - I bought my X-Trail to cart all my location recording gear around. I will have to download your single and have a listen.

Cheers,

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.