Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any body had a problem with the hand brake allowing the car to roll partley back about 2 " befor it holds ? its as if the brake shoes are rolling arond the hub even though the brake has been applied ? all coments welcome Xtrail is 2007 aventura .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Common problem. My handbrake has been adjusted too many times. I leave in gear and don't over stress the handbrake lever.

G

·
had the same problem was ok until i had all the discs pads and shoes replaced,was told it was down to cheap non dealer parts, changed the shoes for nissan ones and it has helped a little but im reluctant to replace the discs again, would appreciate a little help on this matter myself

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well my X Trail is 2 years old with 11,000 on the clock and serviced by main dealer, they say this is normal but my last X Trail was ok .

G

·
had a word with the bloke who done the brakes on my motor cava he has just bought a 2005 sve with about 56,000 on the clock the garage he bought it from changed the discs for him before he bought it and used non nissan parts and his handbrake is fine, he recons if there is a little play in the shoes this would equate to more movement where the wheel touchs the ground, so he is gonna have another look at them, let u know how we get on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts