Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I could not tell it better myself...

The Technical Explanation... About how it works: in the chair is a special movable frame. When you have a collission and your body goes after the impact backwards again (Action is reaction) the impact your body makes against the chair, makes the frame moves backwards. This results in a forward moving headrest. Therefore the name Headrest is a very wrong name. Better call it a head injury limiting instrument or so... That's where its ment for. Therefore it's important, that the top of rest is not higher than the top of your ears. Look around you and seen, how many are very wrong adjusted...

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Okay, when they say so. Alright with me, but the reason of adjusting is, that the head will not forced to go too far back after a collission. A bit higher will do no further harm I guess. Headrests come in many models and shape. Sometimes you can nod them, bow them, heat them, ventilate them...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.