Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Hi Tess,
Your not supposed to adjust your lamps as they're factory set and if you have done you could end up with 3 points on your licence there are implications here, 3 points for misalignment either axially or vertically. Also it will fail when you take for the M.O.T. Do you live out in the sticks?......................if you do then you'd be better with (Philips X-Treme Power H4)upgrade bulbs and have come top in Auto Express three years on the run. Will you be changing them yourself?.............reason being your not to touch the glass part of the bulb if you do they can explode.
:thumbs:

Philips X-Treme Power H4
Link

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=43

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Tess said:
Hi Umbongo
I got some super brilliance bulbs from Halfords, would the philips ones be brighter
Yes they would be brighter, could you not take them back and get your money back or have you had them a while?.........................if you have, then just keep them because you can use them as a spare in your XT, I keep a full set in mine of all the bulbs and mini fuses as I was once told that if your pulled by the police with a rear light out and you carry a set with you, then they can't have you for it if you said they were working when you started out. When you get these philips bulbs they often come with a set of blue side light bulbs don't put these is your lamps as they're for show displays, the law says that you should have white lights at the front of your vehicle, Just because they have EU safety mark on them doesn't mean you can fit them, it's just to say they meet the EU standards. Hope this helps you. :thumbs:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi All
Just in case anyone wants to adjust the vertical aim of the beam, there is a 8mm white plastic nut behind each headlight, & with socket "tighten" the nut a quarter turn to move the beam down the road, & see how that is

Tess

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.