Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Is it a H4 bulb? Looking to whack some Xenon HID style bulbs to go with my blue cased sidelights. just wanted to confirm the bulb type.

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these ones are as quoted "SUPER WHITE H4 XENON BULBS"

The blues ones do look tacky i must admit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fitted Halfords brilliance white bulbs to mine and they are definitely better than standard bulbs. I hear that Philips blue white bulbs are quite good. The whiter light is a lot easier on the eyes at night.
I even fitted a pair of white led lights, 501 type, in the front sidelights, but the light was too blue due to the filters, but if using ****** yellow tinge bulbs they shine whiter!!! has anyone managed to upgrade these bulbs with upsetting the cops?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ordered, waiting on delivery :)

I do love the Xenon look :thumbs:

Will try and get a pic up with the look.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi S1rus,

Did you manage to take any pictures of the lights to see the difference?
Any luck with getting the sidelights to shine white rather than blue. I tried a different set of white leds tonight and when the main beam is off they do look white with a faint tinge of blue, but when you put the dipped beams on they seem to stand out bluer (bluer..is that even a word :!: ) and dont look so crisp.
For comparison I stuck a true blue led in one side and it does look too much like a police colour light, while the white one looks ok. With the new law coming out about permanently on marker lights can any of our members from the boys in blue, give any useful help and info as to how much leeway there is for the sidelights, or alternatively has anyone managed to remove the blue cover filter from with the headlight assembly?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts