Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I have an odd problem which I'm hoping you can help with. I have a 52 Xtrail Sport which I've just bought, lovely vehicle, great in the snow recently.

The odd problem which just reared its head this evening is that the headlights (more specifically the side lights) wont turn off, even without the key in the ignition, the lights are on. At the moment Ive disconnected the -ve terminal on the battery so that it doesnt go flat.

A possible cause may be that I used the secondary 12v socket under the drivers side dash 'pocket' for the first time (possibly the first time ever since I know the previous owner and he didnt even know there was one there......) to run my satnav. Could this have shorted something? I had thought of taking the fuse out for the secondary socket (any idea which fuse & where to find it?) and seeing if this worked. Any other suggestions? I'd rather avoid expensive dealers if possible!

Many thanks

Ross

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! Thanks for the reply! I'm a member of quite a few varied forums but the details and attachments you've done for me surpass them all (especially for a newbie! - me I mean!).

Many thanks, I'll have a hunt about later on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.