Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 plate X Trail (Aventura) with Xenon headlamps. This summer I am driving across Europe. It has been years since I took my own car abroad and I remember the days when you could place deflective tape on the headlamps, so you would not blind the oncoming drivers with your own lights obviously set up for the UK roads. What is the situation now with modern headlamp units. Can you still get away with the ancient method, or do you have to take the vehicle into a dealership and have them adjusted (if that's possible). :?

·
Registered
385 Posts
In the past I've taken my cars with xenons to the dealers. Recently though I just drove the car with the lights set as is. :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got some headlamp protectors and they actually came with the masking tape to deflect the beam, so managed to resolve 2 issues with one purchase!

G

·
You need to get them to dip to th right. In France the police will fine you if you dont have converters. I had same model as you and beam deflectors from halfords have instructions how to fit

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know this might sound a tad extreme, but I'm going abroad this year too, and for the trip I have just bought a pair of euro headlights! It's a very simple job to change them believe it or not. And yes, they are xenons! They were, of course, from ebay. To purchase from a dealer would have been over a grand.... :shock:

I've really only posted this in order that I might deserve to use the following smiley:

:ugeek:

:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts