Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have just discovered that one of the two heated front seat switches (55 plate Aventura) has disappeared down into the cavity of which is sits in. I have tried getting my fingers down to retrieve it, without success. I may have to try using long pliers or retaining it with some wire loop etc. Is anyone aware of another way of getting to it, ie removing the central armrest and getting to it from underneath, or from removing the blanking plate from beneath the handbrake lever?

I'm not sure how this happened either, but even if I do get to it, it'll be difficult to fix into place, as it appears pressure needs to be placed from beneath to secure it back into position and due to the location of it, pulling from above may not be enough. Any ideas or technical minded out there... :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update... I managed to resolve this problem without taking into a stealership. Found that the casing surrounding the switches lifts up with nifty fingers and the whole switch system can be accessed. So, now managed to secure the right hand switch securely into place and now fitted back into position without any problems. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts