Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted in the wrong place previously, any help please

The interior heater/blower came on yesterday when all air controls were switched off, no matter what buttons are pressed the fan is on until the ignition key is switched off.

Ive disconnected the battery and left it for 5 mins hoping that might reset something but alas not! i'm quite the mechanic :roll:

You can't change the amount of pressure but you can change the direction ie to windscreen, feet etc but thats all you can do and its on flat out. The only thing the car has done lately that it doesn't do normally was towing a caravan over the weekend.

Any help greatly appreciated, the car is an '02 2.2 Diesel if that helps at all.

Many thanks :thumbs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I (and many others) have had a similar (but not identical) problem, whereby the blower will ONLY work on FULL speed (4), even if set on 1 or 2 or 3....

Most of us replaced the blower 'controller' (forgive my [email protected] description), this controller sits roughtly behind the passenger-side glovebox, a little tricky to get to, but it just 'clicks' undone, and there is quite a lot of info on both this forum AND the Aussie forum on this problem - you are not alone!
Cheers

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ahhhh bu**er me mine has just started with this problem ... can you put it in stupid persons terms ... lol ... what do i do ... :oops: :biggrin: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
ah must be the weather my blower seems to be making a grinding noise behind the passengers glovebox which goes away if you put it up too full power and once it warms up and turn the blower down it becomes an intermiitent problem any ideas apreciated

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
diomedes said:
ah must be the weather my blower seems to be making a grinding noise behind the passengers glovebox which goes away if you put it up too full power and once it warms up and turn the blower down it becomes an intermiitent problem any ideas apreciated
The motor bearing is on it's way out, you can strip the motor down and replace the bearing if you're into d.i.y. or you'll have buy a new motor when it gives up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.