Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello form Snowy Scotland
I have decided to get rid of My BMW for various reasons and have decided after much web trawling that an X-Trail is on teh cards. However I Need some assistance
Its def going to be a 2.2DCI but not sure of what level to get as looking at 2005 -2006 Columbia
But seem to find lots of Sport Models as well
Im not too worried about Sat NAV but my would likes are

Front Fog Lights
PDC
Rear Privacy Glass
Towbar (if its there)

Cmon Guys help me out as I need to establish the main difference between a Columbia and a Sport.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have taken the plunge and I am now the proud owner of an X-Trail 2006 Columbia dci :thumbs:
and I LOVE IT :grin: it has to be one of the most comfortable cars i have ever driven and the wife likes it too so cant be that bad. :eek:
All standard at the moment but will be adding parking sensors and a parrot bluetooth kit in the next few days once i get off my butt and fit them.

Some mates have come back with the big Oh No what about the intercooler and turbo issues!!
Should i be worried !! as i believe that Nissan will sort out Turbo up to 5yrs

I will try to get a pic up soon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was toying with the idea before the snow arrived and was cursing not doing it sooner, Just got to pluck up the courage to drill the bumper to fit parking sensors at the weekend.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
JohnG89 said:
I was toying with the idea before the snow arrived and was cursing not doing it sooner, Just got to pluck up the courage to drill the bumper to fit parking sensors at the weekend.
Parking sensors are definitely well worth it - I have hit too many things while reversing over the years.

So, despite my X-Trail having a reversing camera (very useful), I still had the sensors fitted as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just dreading the drilling of the bumper part as im ok doing the cables etc as have worked out with some help how to fish the cables into the boot. If i go for it I will document it for others to follow.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I fitted the sensors :thumbs: and I will create a how to for others to follow and post it up , Can a Mod please advise of where i should post this once done. It will be a Word or PDF for others to follow. :smile:

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
JohnG89 said:
Well I fitted the sensors :thumbs: and I will create a how to for others to follow and post it up , Can a Mod please advise of where i should post this once done. It will be a Word or PDF for others to follow. :smile:
Hi John, Can you please follow Scottie's instructions on How To's below link.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4

Then post your How To in the link below
viewforum.php?f=4

Thank you
Umbongo

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
JohnG89 said:
Hi Guys I have the text but no piccies for my how to as lost my phone and cant find my digi cam is this ok
Hi John, go ahead photos aren't a problem, but if possible can you make the files in pdf format as they're clearer to view than word doc.
cheers
Umbongo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.