Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am a former owner of a 2004 Xtrail and I liked it. Using a Merc C diesel estate but buying a new 2008 Xtrail model (RHD) and have some questions.

- Diesel on 2008 is Renault - is it better and more reliable than the older models (the early models had problems).
- Can I adjust the headlights to run on euro roads or do I have to buy some lights ? (I live in Finland)
- How many mpg can I expect with this new 2.0 model which I assume (on an auto) is the lower powered version ?
- Is the auto good or manual better - from a driving perspective and from a towing perspective.

I really liked the xtrail and miss it hence trying to get a new pre-owned one.
:smile:

Thanks
John

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi John,

Welcome, and you live in the perfect country for the X-Trail (though I do *not* envy you on what the government tax you on cars) - I have friends in Finland and was ver in Helsinki a couple of years ago.

No, the headlamps don't swivel for continental driving (unfortunately) - I wish they would as I pop over to mainland Europe several time a year.

My solution to the problem was to get a pair of headlamp protectors and to stick the deflectors on that, so I can just pop them on and off as I need them.

I am also considering the extra bright headlight bulbs to compensate for the slightly lower light output - the Philips ones came top in the Auto Express test recently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.