Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Another newbie here dropping in to say hi. :) I have had a trawl through all the back posts relevant so hopefully I dont have too many n00b questions! I am looking to do some light offroad travel over country paths over the winter and my current car doesn't allow me enough clearance so I am looking to get a 4x4 without the associated costs! I have been looking at the RAV4's but the dual mass flywheel problems are putting me off slightly so my attention has turned to the X-Trail hence the reason that I have joined up and ask some owners for advice about your real life experiences with the X-Trail. Feel free to add your expert advice to my plea for help here. :)

Thanks and all the best.

Fish

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Fish - welcome to the forum. X Trail will do the business for you - great motorway cruiser, B roads no problem as good visibility around corners/over hedges and off road capability is good. OK, it's not a Discovery but treat it sensibly and you won't have a problem. Wet roads and snow are a doddle in the X Trail - as with any vehicle, a lot is down to the tyres.
My wife has a manual 2.0 petrol RAV4 and she loves it - it goes really well and I'd say handles better than the X Trail in as much as it handles more like a car but off road the X Trail shines out above the RAV.

X Trail has far more room inside - huge load area and unlike the RAV, you don't need a top box when you go away for the weekend (that could be to do with the amount of luggage my wife takes though but don't qoute me on that!)

The forum covers most things you should need to know and the members are really helpful so - ask away :smile:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Thanks also for the direct comparison with the Rav4 as I have been looking for someone with real life experience of both cars. Out of interest - is there any difference in clearance height between the Rav4 and X-Trail?

The only thing that is putting me off the X-Trail is the turbo/intercooler problems but I am trying to establish if the pre Dci X-Trail diesels had the same problems or if they even had turbos in the first place!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.