Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm Chris, aka Weeble.
Im in Lincolnshire and drive a T30 sport.
Love everything about the car - apart from the boot not going up high enough and being right at the same height as my forehead! :headbang:
seriously though, cracking car, cant fault it.
Interested to look at its off road capability a bit more, some gentle green laning or something,
has anybody any experience with their x-trail on more than a grass verge?
Thanks,
Chris - Weeble.

·
Registered
115 Posts
WEEBLE said:
Hi, i'm Chris, aka Weeble.
Im in Lincolnshire and drive a T30 sport.
Love everything about the car - apart from the boot not going up high enough and being right at the same height as my forehead! :headbang:
seriously though, cracking car, cant fault it.
Interested to look at its off road capability a bit more, some gentle green laning or something,
has anybody any experience with their x-trail on more than a grass verge?
Thanks,
Chris - Weeble.
Hi from the county below..

Had myy 2.2 t30 off road on normal tyres and its really quite good, traction not bad just have to welly it some times, got to watch placement of wheels as ground clearance not too good, wading depth seems ok so far just have to watch air intake in front :headbang:
Not many places i wouldn't take my 56 plate that my old landy will not go apart from clearance.....
have fun
Rob

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Weeble,

Welcome to the forums. I am looking at getting some General Grabber AT2's for my Xtrail this week, so that should help with the off road stuff, but on the Pirelli STs fitted at the moment been through fields, very bumpy chalk tracks and some wading without any issues.
I will post some pics and info once they are done.

Jamie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i picked up a spare set of wheels yesterday with colway 50/50 tyres on, so they should be more use to me in the slippy stuff. I have avon rangers on at the moment, which are really good on road, but the treads fill up really quickly and turn to slicks in no time at all, that said, ive not managed to get stuck in any fields..yet..
How deep have you gone with your wading? Have got a great ford near us which im getting really tempted to do, despite the other halfs complaints! just panicking about the air intake and the door seals!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Wading by the book says about 1 foot !
Seems a little under depth by hey...
As long as you cover the intake (ie the grill area) while wading then its simple - well if diesel, first enter water carefully after knowing the depth, (walking it in wellies is a good guide - if it goes over the wellie don't do it.. lol), then increase speed (probably 5-10mph)to about the time that a 'bow' wave is created, keep about 1-2 feet behind it and then the car will travel in less water behind the wave. Don't forget to dry out the brakes on leaving the water.

I've been in about 2 foot and that put splashes on the bonnet which is deep enough for a soft roader, the door seals are good so don't worry, just have to stop water coming in through the intakes mainly. The main thing to watch for when entering a ford is to make sure that there is no step down into the water at the edge.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts