Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys im fitting DRL lights as some people just cant see the Xtrail :roll: :headbang:

Need to find one in drivers side near the light switches etc on the rhs above the pedals

Cheers
John

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Morning John

You could take a feed from the power socket in the upper dash storage box, although this is acc ignition controlled (first turn of the key) rather than ignition controlled.
Remove the speedo/cluster cowl - just unclips - no screws. Remove the tweeter cover, again just unclips by lifting the back up first and then the front up and backwards - you'll know what I mean when you try!
This now gives you access to the 4 hex screws that hold the storage box. Remove these and the box just lifts out but careful as the wires connected to the socket are quite short. You can now take a feed from the socket (10amp fused) and route your cable down to your pedal area, I did this for my Sat Nav amp so know it works.
Don;t know if this is going to be what you need but thought I'd give it a shot anyway :thumbs:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just had a look at best way to run the cables not going to as easy as 1st thought :confused:
where is the best place to feed a live back from the engine bay ? as cant see any easy to access grommets
All existing cables seem to go into the Wing!!on the offside

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
JohnG89 said:
Just had a look at best way to run the cables not going to as easy as 1st thought :confused:
where is the best place to feed a live back from the engine bay ? as cant see any easy to access grommets
All existing cables seem to go into the Wing!!on the offside
Cable clip it to the outside of the wing - dead easy :lol:

Will have a look at mine tomorrow John and see what I find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.