Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, don't know if this is the same problem as the stutter topic?

Under acceleration at about 2500rpm the turbo seems to hesitate for a split second and then take off again, when changing through every gear. (is more noticeable under harder acceleration)
Its hard to describe but it almost has the same feeling as an automatic gearbox changing up!

Any ideas :roll:

Other than that it drives and runs fine and is lively enough!

·
Registered
115 Posts
vernerbongo2 said:
Hi, don't know if this is the same problem as the stutter topic?

Under acceleration at about 2500rpm the turbo seems to hesitate for a split second and then take off again, when changing through every gear. (is more noticeable under harder acceleration)
Its hard to describe but it almost has the same feeling as an automatic gearbox changing up!

Any ideas :roll:

Other than that it drives and runs fine and is lively enough!
sounds like turbo lag, but never heard of it on an xt before...hmmm, might plugging into the old computer testing thingy...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No its not turbo lag and I don't believe my car had this problem before!
Might get it checked out but my father says why bother if it goes ok :roll:

G

·
Im guessing its the fuel filter stutter, mine was worst accelerating for trunkroads around town at 30 seemed fine but hard acceleration caused it at 2500 ish revs took it into dealer workshop foreman came out for a drive in it with me and within 5 mins diagnosed fuel filter, changed fuel filter and hey presto no more issues. i now have it changed at every service and so far so good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts