Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all lee from Newcastle

This is my first xtrail its the 2.2 2005 SE

Bought it to tow my track car so my intentions are to give it a good service and a tidy up then hopefully it can start doing some work.

Ran into a few issues but hopefully solved! The common no power limp mode no light situation showing no fuel pressure p1273 p0089. So I pulled the fuel filter and it was clogged solid with gunk! So I'm hoping tomorrow I'll get a new filter and all will be good!

Also pulled the SCV (which looked pretty new) and gave it a good clean with contact cleaner

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
T30Olly said:

Bought it to tow my track car so my intentions are to give it a good service and a tidy up then hopefully it can start doing some work.

Ran into a few issues but hopefully solved! The common no power limp mode no light situation showing no fuel pressure p1273 p0089. So I pulled the fuel filter and it was clogged solid with gunk! So I'm hoping tomorrow I'll get a new filter and all will be good!

Also pulled the SCV (which looked pretty new) and gave it a good clean with contact cleaner
Welcome to the Forum Lee The members here have helped me many many times and the crack is good.I used to go to Newcastle in the sixties when i lived in CarlisleGood Luck Barry

·
Registered
08' T31 Adventurer 2.0dci
748 Posts
T30Olly said:

Hello and welcome .Be interesting to know why the fuel filter is full of **** ,was it just left to long before a change or is dirty fuel getting in the tank .The tanks are plastic so no chance of rust .

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi, see you managed to get on. The pictures you sent me last night, well the most clogged up filter I have ever seen. It does look like old vegetable oil was used in it.

·
Registered
Nissan X Trail Columbia 2.2 DCi 2006
847 Posts
bertye said:
Hi, see you managed to get on. The pictures you sent me last night, well the most clogged up filter I have ever seen. It does look like old vegetable oil was used in it.
Not good. They are bad enough with refined diesel!

@Bertye. Please let me know if you can supply a T30 tailpipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.