Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.....The past couple of weeks I have decided to change my car......So after many hours searching online reviews for various different vehicles I have decided on an X-Trail.....The mpg and all of the good reports on reliability are what as persuaded me the most....but I also really like the look of the X trail.....I have yet to drive one though....but I'm sure I will like....

The thing is Im not so sure as to which model to go for.....according to the Parkers guide...I should go for a .......2.2 dCi 136 ........And another thing is I really dont wan to pay more than....£8000......£9000..tops....so it looks like I will be looking at an 04..54..to ..06..with quite high mileage......If anyone's got any tips or suggestions I would fully appreciate them...

Regards Steve................................... :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Steve and welcome to the forum. One of the members will surely point you in the right direction re: diesel engines but for what it's worth, in my opinion the important thing when choosing the car isn't the mileage, it's how well it's been looked after/serviced, etc. There are quite a few drivers here in the south west who maybe only do 3000 miles a year so a 3 year old car with 9000 miles may seem like a bargain but boy, you should see how they drive them. Have you ever heard a car doing 65mph for 6 miles in 2nd gear? High mileage on a well maintained car isn't a problem - low mileage on a badly driven and neglected car is a nightmare.
Let your instinct tell you what to do and remember the old saying, if it seems to good to be true........................ :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Agree with Vandy. High milage is not any problem for a diesel car. Diesel can easaly drive 500.000 kilometers in a few years. Well driving means: drive slow when cold (Warming up) check oil on a regular basis, try to avoid high rotations (2 hours with 65 in 2e gear... as Vandy said. That's stupid) and keep a close watch at the turbo and intercooler. There are sometimes problems with them. Regular maintenance will provide you from malfunctions. Therefore read this site carefully!
When you do many low milage drives, do not buy a diesel. At least in the Netherlands, you pay twice the price for your road tax when driving diesel... wich means in the opposite direction, that you have to drive many miles to get even. I don't know the fuel prices in Gr. Brittain, but here the're .... VERY high!!!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Well, vote for eqalisation with the rest of Erope... Euro's, metric system and all. Oh, I forgot.... Left hand driving!!!! (ha, ha, ha..... me havin'fun!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi Steve welcome to the forum i am a recent member of the site and have just converted to the x trail, when i was searching i found a number of 2.2dci columbias on a 55 to 06 reg for £8500 t0 £9500 in the north east milages varying between 38000 to 50000 would agree with the other comments i would prefer a higher milage deisel that had been used for motorway running than a low milage that has just pootled around town. after a few long runs i can say i love my xtey quiet comfy and economical :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.