Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have been considering the Xtrail for some time. I currently have a Chrysler PT Cruiser, which is on Ebay at the moment. I need something bigger to cart the dog around in, and pick up smallholder supplies and wood/coal. The cruiser has been with me for 3 years without even so much as a flat battery, and I love it to bits, but its just not suitable anymore.
I had my heart set on a Landrover Discovery TD5, as I used to own a series 3 landy and loved it but has to sell as I couldnt keep 3 cars on the road. I thought a discovery would fit the bill to satify my landy urges and it could replace my "day car" . However I have read and seen so many horror stories about reliabilty im being slowly turned off them. I need something reliable that wont spend most of its life in a garage or sat at the side of the road awaiting rescue.

So in steps the Xtrail. My only concern is the reports of the turbos and intercoolers on the deisels, a question about which I shall ask in the relevent section later. Depending on how much my cruiser sells for, hopefully I will be looking into getting an Xtrail in the next month or so. Until then, I am stuck with my fiance's Ford Focus :oops:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi, there go and read the previous posts on this site all i would say is look at a 2007 dci and made sure it has a warranty. i only had a problem becauase of towing ,the intercooler sits on top of a hot engine and the turbo does not get a lot of air flow over it .good luck and make sure its got a warranty. hope this helps...mark...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts