Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

Just bought a 2nd hand X-Trail 2.2 Adventura (2006 plate) couple of days before new year and the big freeze from a local garage. just as temparaturs dropped to -10 the passanger door lock froze. Well I was able to open the door but it wouldn't close, it just kept bouncing back open. Eventually after many times trying to open and lock with the key remote I managed to close it but then it wouldn't open and I had to leave it and use my other car. We took it ot the garage and they managed to warm it up and open it. A few days later the same happened again but my passange had got in the car, we thought the door had closed and just as I stared to move off the door opened - saftey issue here! We took it back to the garage, they said they looked at the door and found no issues but they lubricated it anyway.

I am a little concerned that if we have a further cold spell this will happen again.

Has anyone had a similar problem and had it resolved? It appears that there are some people with a similar problem in Canada.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Happened to my rear passenger door when cold,
Just snibbed the door on the inside then closed it.
Couldn't get the door to open again after a drive with heater on door came good again bit of a pain but it was -10c most nights

·
Registered
51 Posts
This happened on ours about a month ago whilst my wife was out in it, she thought she had broken some thing!

I have absolutely soaked all the door locks with WD40 and manually worked them open & closed with the doors open and all have been fine since.

·
Registered
31 Posts
wd40 is good but it freezes as well... you are better to get a silicone based spray and give it a soak...

I don't know if you have deicer there but we have a small bottle of the stuff and it works as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.