Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys this looks like a nice forum, two days ago I became the proud owner of my first X trail a 54 plate 2.2d Sport. I have been into VWs for years now specifically early camper vans and beetles, as a result I do most car maintenance myself.

When I bought the X trail I decided a service was in order so following the "How too" section on here (thankyou very much) I have successfully changed the, Oil, Oil filter and air filter.

Ok so first things first I drained the oil simple then removed the Oil filter how ever on removing it I noticed it was a solid metal type filter not the refillable type as described in the "how too's" or as on Halfords data base. Has any one come across this before? Could it be some sort of MOD or is there a different type of engine.

I was also planning on changing the Fuel filter but I wanted to check some things first before playing with fuel lines is this an easy job or can it be a pain?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
HI Richie and welcone to the forum.
Glad to hear you have got yourself an X Trail - you won't be disapointed. Can't help with your oil filter question but hopefully soon, someone will be able to help you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Vandy I am enjoying it already to be honest it's a nice drive and having played today I like the accessibility in and around the engine. I think the air con may not be work either so another thing to play with and get up and running.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
richie244 said:
Hi guys this looks like a nice forum, two days ago I became the proud owner of my first X trail a 54 plate 2.2d Sport. I have been into VWs for years now specifically early camper vans and beetles, as a result I do most car maintenance myself.

When I bought the X trail I decided a service was in order so following the "How too" section on here (thankyou very much) I have successfully changed the, Oil, Oil filter and air filter.

Ok so first things first I drained the oil simple then removed the Oil filter how ever on removing it I noticed it was a solid metal type filter not the refillable type as described in the "how too's" or as on Halfords data base. Has any one come across this before? Could it be some sort of MOD or is there a different type of engine.

I was also planning on changing the Fuel filter but I wanted to check some things first before playing with fuel lines is this an easy job or can it be a pain?
Hi, your engine is the DCi if you read at the top of the page in How To's oil filter removal click on the link that is your filter. :thumbs:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Umbongo just a little :oops: now. Woops. I am sure I went through them all. how come it comes up as a different part on the Halfords parts search in store when the number plate is entered.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Richie.
Mmm, Halfords. I checked the Halfords "official bulb bible" for my wifes RAV4 and got the "correct" replacement bulbs according to them. Took the rear lens off and not a chance - standard bayonet bulbs from Halfords - car takes giant W501 type capsule bulbs. Amazing attitude from the 15 year old boy when I took them back, "yea, well some cars use different bulbs mate". "But the book said the Rav4 ......." "probably needs updating mate or maybe it's wrong - it is a RAV4 you've got is it?"
Only just managed to refrain from my usual Victor Meldrew "I don't belive it" and left with a bigger head of steam than the Flying Scotsman.

Have had the same thing with wiper blades from them so affriad I'll only buy from Halfords if I know exactly what I need as I don't rate their advice. Maybe I've just been unlucky with my 2 local stores? I wish they would show on their data cards that if the item isn't shown against your car it could be that they don't stock it, rather than if it 's not shown, then they obviously don't make them for that car.

Sorry for the rant guys but I am the only one who has little luck with Halfords? :oops:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No probs Vandy the onlyreason I bother with Halfords is because I have a trade card (from doing a job thats completly un related to mechanics.) so there massively over priced stuff actually becomes very cheep. It is ****** anoying when you assume you have picked up the correct parts get home drain the oil out of said auto mobile to find that it wont fit. Luckily for me I have not sold the car I was replacing yet so no harm done. :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.