Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im Pete and have a 52 plate X-Trail! I don't know if this is the right place to put this. The sunroof opened on its own accord yesterday, and won't shut again! Any suggestions very welcome. There was a burning smell after it opened so I'm guessing the motor?

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
stickman said:
Hi all,

Im Pete and have a 52 plate X-Trail! I don't know if this is the right place to put this. The sunroof opened on its own accord yesterday, and won't shut again! Any suggestions very welcome. There was a burning smell after it opened so I'm guessing the motor?
It could be the motor or the switch that has burnt out, if you read the reply to this post in removing the map light combination switch you'll be able to wind back your sunroof manually with the crank handle in your Nissan tool kit.If you have a owners manual it tells you how to do it on one of pages.
Click on link and read first. Hope this helps.
Link
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1533

View attachment Manually Close Sunroof.pdf

Welcome to the forum :smile:

Note: If you have difficulty viewing pdfs online, download and install the most current version of Acrobat Reader. Free Download available at http://www.adobe.com.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
stickman said:
Thanks for the welcome and sound advice! It worked a teat - well, at least I have some 'breathing space' to find out it its the switch or motor now!

Thanks again :smile:
Glad you managed to close it or you may of got up in the morning and found it full of snow :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I had the same thing happen to me, i've got a 2005 Xtrail. Was driving along and the sunroof started sliding back by 3 inches and stopped. When I click the switch to close there is a clicking noise coming from the back. I'm presuming the motor. Manually closed as directed, but wondering if you found out the cause?

Cheers

Colin

·
Registered
278 Posts
OK, let's see if you can try this.
The sunroof apparently has a "resume" procedure for when the switches do not do as you expect.

1. Open the sunroof fully.
2. Close the sunroof until it is in a position less than 500mm from closed and release the switch.
3. Operate the CLOSE switch. The sunroof should recover such that it will close itself properly.

I do not know how this works but it fixed a similar problem for someone in USA when I helped them. It is just my interpretation of what is written in the service manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

Thanks for that. Unfortunately the sunroof does not open or close with the switch. All I hear is a clicking noise (like a relay sound coming from the back of the car) when I click the open/close switch.

Thanks

Colin

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
albert said:
does anyone know if there is a manual closure for the new 2011 sunroof,

cannot find any handles in boot or covers to remove on the interior lights,

thanks,
Hello albert, there is no manual close handle for the T31.
Has it not closed properly ?............if it hasn't try the procedure below.

INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE
If the sunroof does no close or open automatically, use the following procedure to return sunroof operation to
normal.
1. Close the sunroof if it is not in the closed position. It may be necessary to repeatedly push the switch to
close the sunroof.
2. Press and hold the TILT UP switch the sunroof will tilt up. Release the button.
3. Press and hold the TILT UP switch again. Do not release the switch, keep pressure on it. After 4 seconds
of depressing, the sunroof will full close.
4. Initializing procedure is complete. Confirm proper operation of the sunroof (slide open, slide close, tilt up,
tilt down.)

·
Registered
265 Posts
thanks for reply,

no fault at present, just with the heavy rain I needed to know if there
was a way of closing it if the motor ever failed or or the battery went flat,

so need to shove a plastic sheet in the boot as a quick cover if ever needed,

still finding my way round all the bits,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.