Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

The subject content says it all really :lol:

My hand break is ****, you can pull it up until you cant pull anymore and it is still not gripping properly...( i will say it does go up a good few clicks)

The pads and discs are ok so hopefully tightening it up will help

So anyone know how to tighten it up??

Cheers

·
Registered
210 Posts
mines is the same the garage said they replaced the shoes but my handbrake is **** with a capital C also.
:frown: i worry a bit when i park incase the car starts to roll....

maybe worth mentioning that the pads dont hold the car its the shoes on the inside of the disc that work with the handbrake

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Charmer said:
Hello All

The subject content says it all really :lol:

My hand break is ****, you can pull it up until you cant pull anymore and it is still not gripping properly...( i will say it does go up a good few clicks)

The pads and discs are ok so hopefully tightening it up will help

So anyone know how to tighten it up??

Cheers
Have a look in the How To's section first as you may find your answer there :thumbs:

Link in How To's
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1236

·
Registered
36 Posts
Our handbrake was also ****, useless in fact. Followed the instructions on here (very easy) and now the handbrake is as good as any car...
Changed the front discs last night thanks to the links on here (a doddle to do and good prices for spares) and hey presto no more judder when braking, thanks Nissan Forum.
Colin

·
Registered
79 Posts
hi i just had new discs and pads all round and there is a rubber gromit on the disc. pull it out turn round till at bottom then put a flat head screwdriver in and wined the small toothed disc and take uo the slak. do it with hand break off then test as you go. :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.