Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

I wish... love and hate

• I love my car

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • A love it most of the time, but... (explain)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Hate this car!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already changed lot's of things (explain)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Nothing, as it was

• Gonna change things (explain)

• Will buy one again

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Maybe, if... (explain)

• Not at all!! Never again!! (why)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions for you. What do you have changed at the car, because you did not like it, or changed it in something better? I mean: better speakers, Xenon-lights, bigger gear-knob (Witch is way too small: me big hands) aluminum pedals, other exhaust, etc.
What do you want to change but did not yet?

Sometimes you hate your car because... you do not like the seats, the wipers are scratching always, there is an un-traceable noise in the dash, etc.
Me for instance. I do not like the clutch at all!! It's a bit of an on/off button. My garage cannot make it any better. At least he says.
I miss a 6th gear on the highway (2 ltr. Petrol, 2006)
Gear knob too small for my hands (Going to change this)
LCD Display in dash: too small

But, there are also many good things about this car! For instance: The inner space! It's huge!!
The comfort. Rides very comfortably
Seats: comfortable, but a bit weak leaning-sides
Front-lights: super
Mirrors: great (in both ways) Pity they don't fold to the car automatically after driving
Wiper-speed! (It rains a lot in the Netherlands…)
Lots of space to fit things all over the car (Especially under the radio)
Climate control: great and accurate

I wish... lot's of things. So, I want wind-deflectors on my X-Trail. There are many models on the aftermarket, but has anyone here experience with them? (Noise, fitting) I had them on my Ford Focus (Front) and I must say: great!
Also: I want to build in tweeters near the A beam/front-windshield.
Remote radio-controls on the steering wheel
A nice end pipe on the exhaust

What I already did:
Tow-hook
Arm-rest
Parking distance control (EPS)
Put in a kombi-gauge for temp in and out, ice warning, time. All at the same time.

Best regards and like to hear from you!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hey Wimbo - you've been a busy Wimbo! Good post there as it will be interesting to see what people think.

Must admit that one of my biggest dislikes is that the steering wheel doesn't have "reach" adjustment - only rake (up and down)
Think the reversing lights are too high and we aren't allowed to fit additional ones in the UK - not sure about Holland?

Would have liked the wipers to have had a flick (once only) wipe mode.

Arm rest - but we've been there!

Apart from that - excellent.

Would love more if it had been fitted with:
6 speed auto box (as newer models)
2.5V6 or 3.0V6 engine!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, keep in mind theat this cas is designed in the mid- till late 9ties... when (for instance) many terrain-cars had stiff axels and a rear suspension of 1930... (leave-springs) this one came with independent wheels! The T-31 is not a new car, but a evolution of the T-30. Who has it all! So... trade it for an T-30? Not for me: too expensive!
A V-6? Ehhhh... it has drinking problems (I heard... :lol: )

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Originally went out to get a T31 but couldn't have one Wimbo - it's longer than the T30 and wouldn't fit in my garage - the T30 only just fits in! Big disapointment at the time and admit the T31 has quite a few benefits over the T30 but the compromise I made was still a good one - I love the T30 :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the other hand: I spend a max. amount of mony at a car. We drive two cars and thats mighty expensive over here.... Petrol for instance: 1.59 €... So a T31 is more expensive than this one: also heavier. Space problem: no problem... Just making priorities!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.