Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one tell me if the idle speed goes down when i turn my air con on . and what should the idle speed be thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
The idle speed varies quite a bit on mine when the air-con is on. Can be anywhere between about 700rpm to 1000rpm. The alternation is accompanied by an audible 'click'. Presumably this is when when the compressor cuts in and out of operation.

Hope this helps,

Andy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes mine sits at about 800rpm when idle then rises to almost 1000rpm when the aircon cuts in and goes up and down with the aircon going off and on.
Only noticeable when the x's is sitting stationary :thumbs:

·
Registered
186 Posts
HI the engine speeds up to power the air con compressor. this is only noticable when at rest if the speed is around 30mph or above there is no increase in fuel used most think that the air con uses lots of fuel.myth....so when you are on the open road the mpg is not much greater if at all.... :thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine doese the same. Idle speed increases from 800 to aprox 1100rpm with the aircon switched on and car is stationary.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi There

All cars do this, it is so the engine can run the air con, Using air con you will loose about 3mpg they are not very efficient.

Try putting the heated seats on aswell and then flooring it, you will notice a huge difference in performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts