Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just this minute registered, Ive joined for many reasons but I'll introduce myself first...

My name is Peter, Im 28 years old and Ive been driving for 10 years. Ive progressed from desperate-for-wheels teenager, through boyracer, into classics, into comfortable and now onto a potential X Trail. Im also a keen snowboarder and Ive been riding motorbikes for 7 years, currently riding an 04 Suzuki Hayabusa.

So heres my story....

Im currently stuck with the worst car Ive ever owned, its a 2003 Vectra 2.2DTI SXI. Ive lost a fortune on this car and when I bought it I never realised how bad they were. The suspension on them is terrible and Ive lost 3 out of 4 springs over the 2 years Ive owned it. It has to go!!

I was at my dads place the other day when he told me his friend (a disabled chap of about 68) was trading in his Xtrail and only getting £4500 for it. He said it might be a good idea to take it off him. Its a 2003 Sport x with the 2.2 diesel engine. Its in really good nick generally, it has the roof bars with the lights, the toe board thingys at the sides, reversing censors etc and its only got 39,000 miles. I drove it yesterday and apart from rolling about a bit in the bends (expected to be honest) I quite like it, mainly because the roads around here wouldnt be out of place around the Gaza strip!

So what do you think? Any good? Good deal?

You guys are the experts it would seem so i'd like to know if theres any pitfalls to watch for. The car is in good condition and the bloke is genuine but I dont know as much as you lot and Ive heard about blown turbos etc? Im off now to trawl the boards so I'll hopefully catch up with you all at some point!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi & Welcome ... Sounds like a canny motor tbh ... but the resident X-Trail genius will be along soon to give his verdict al leave it to him as he's a mind of knowledge when it comes to these :bow: ... Cracking motors mind! :thumbs:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.