Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local dealer Nissan main agent is importing X Trails from Ireland and selling them at £8000 below the similar UK model price
I am surprised that Nissan allow this and I for one am not impressed with the effect it will have on the resale value of my 2 year old bought at proper price :headbang:
I may after 4 X Trails take my custom elsewhere in future
Anyone care to comment?

·
Registered
36 Posts
JohnG said:
Our local dealer Nissan main agent is importing X Trails from Ireland and selling them at £8000 below the similar UK model price
I am surprised that Nissan allow this and I for one am not impressed with the effect it will have on the resale value of my 2 year old bought at proper price :headbang:
I may after 4 X Trails take my custom elsewhere in future
Anyone care to comment?
[/ HI yes have just purchased one those and very happy with the money saved. called been in the right place at the right time,normally happens the other way round to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good for you(really!)
You are from the same area as myself so no doubt its the same dealer (H)
They told me it wouldn't make any difference to my PX when the time comes as I've got the sat nav/rev camera etc but I am not convinced :shock:

G

·
I think its great if a great deal if your buying new but i don't think it will effect your resale value that much. The import was cheaper to buy and it will be worth less second hand because a lot of people just won't touch an import model.

My father imported a car from new once from a local dealer and then had a nightmare trying to claim on the warrantly when he had problems.

·
Registered
662 Posts
A small point, but one of the first questions I was asked when I insured mine was "is it an import" Also a friend of mine bought a Mitsubishi L200 without knowing it was an import & has found that various parts do not quit fit correctly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tatey said:
A small point, but one of the first questions I was asked when I insured mine was "is it an import" Also a friend of mine bought a Mitsubishi L200 without knowing it was an import & has found that various parts do not quit fit correctly.
I've seen that on proposal forms as well
But I can't understand Nissan allowing the dealer to sell imports alongside non imports

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi, there if a car is from a dealer(NEW) and thay have imported it from the eu.....,then its not an import to speak of. most insurance companys want to know if the car came in via a 3rd party (jap imports) . two of my mates bought 2 xtrails 2007 new from a car supermarket. the only difference is the alarm ,no sensors in cab or switch under bonnet.apart from that no difference... regards.mark

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My concern is that they took my money(and others) which was paid in good faith at a main agent and now they are undercutting the value of my investment and accellerating depreciation by selling at £8000 less than I paid
If I'd bought from a back street dealer then I wouldn't have expected integrity
Had I known that they were going to do this I would not have bought from them and I have had 4 X Trails from them altogether
They are no doubt good value if buying now

·
Registered
186 Posts
ARE THE NEW XTRAILS MARKED UP AS IMPORTS.... if so what spec are they and as you have been a long time buyer from them ,take it up with nissan uk.. see what they have to say :grin: it does p*ss you off when the dealer wants long term customers to remain loyal but not the other way :bow: ....we all know that the spec does not mean a lot when it comes to selling the car its the age and miles that make the difference so if the dealer says that your car is worth more the mans a god dam lying son of a dog :thumbs: .....lol... as they all are... :bigcry: .............regards

G

·
Sometimes you hit lucky; In January 2009 I took delivery of a brand new full UK spec X-Trail Aventura 173bhp diesel in metallic blue from a large UK Nissan Main dealer; I paid less than £16000 on the road with 12 months tax and full tank of diesel and I got a fair p-ex price on the car I traded in.

The same car is on sale now at £21500... I suspect that relatively few vehicles were sold at the price I paid or at the price the imports are being sold at, so the impact it will have on resale prices will be minimal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't get the impression that I am getting het up about this I was just interested to hear what other people thought
I don't have an effigy with pins stuck in it---yet
They told me that they had bought 50 from Ireland :biggrin:

G

·
Hi,I perchased an Irish import in August,09 preregistered.It is a full UK speck,thats what the salesman said.Im well pleased with what I have got.
Only one thing wrong,the hand book is not for this model ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi
I have just bought an Irish import too from the Nissan dealer in Crewe and I am very pleased with it. It is the SE version but not quite the same spec as the UK version. They still have a few more left.
Steve.

G

·
Hi everyone,I bought an X-Trail from Nissan main dealer in th North West it came from Irland.
I was told the spec is the same as UK and Irish dealers had a glut of them.
The only problem I have is I think Nissan main dealer has given me the wrong owners manual (T30-U). :gathering:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts