Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

interior guages

6K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  hglennie 
#1 ·
does anyone find the xtrail guages boring? Well i do and i want a change, i was looking at the glow guages and came accross www.visual-performance.co.uk these people sell little covers that go over the dials to make them glow different colours (without having to break the needles off) but they currantly dont have any for the xtrail so i phoned them up and they said they would make them if they had a bulk order for around 20. if anyone is interested could you leave your email address so that i could show them people are wanting this. The price is around £45 and i think its worth every penny.

this is an example of what it would look like

btw i have no connection to this company i just want to change my dials

See less See more
#2 ·
hi hglennie

Thought I'd respond to your post. It's a bit "bling" for me I'm affraid - a bit too VW Golf like but am sure it would look better in situ. By the lack of response you've had I reckon you're on a loser there - have a look around as there could well be another company doing similar thing? Possible that someone out in the far east has something :thumbs:

#5 ·
hglennie said:
yeah i thought it hadnt gone down well, i had a polo before and loved the guages and obv i like the colour blue, i just find the guages boring and uninteresting ill keep my eyes open... they will turn blue.... with just mind power... perhaps not
never say no hglennie - I'm on the look out for you as we speak - I'll let you know. If you want blue - you'll get blue! :thumbs:

#6 ·
hi hyglennie

Have searched high and low but no luck re; information about the blue bulbs. According to my book, the cluster has removable bulbs in black holders which you just to remove. If that's the case then just swap the bulbs over - easy.
This has now become a challenge so am going to take my cluster out (probably at the weekend) and twist and turn the little beggars and see what happens. You must be able to change the bulbs - if not you'd need to buy a whole new cluster if they blew, unless they're soldered onto a circet board? Will keep you posted.

#7 ·
i tried to look for the blubs but on mine there is only three that are able to be changed two indicator bulbs and the handbrake light the rest are leds soldered on the board and to get into that the needles have to come off.... and i really dont want to break it...

#9 ·
What's wrong with the original color?? With a bit of bad luck, it will cost you 500 € (The price of a whole new set) Hmmmm, I would consider.
Tip: Use a sticky blue plastic sheet and place this BEFORE the Instuments.... Just an idea...

#10 ·
no it wouldnt work using a blue filter... anyway... i did it i changed the blubs to blue and didnt break any needles and the guages work perfecto.... looks amazing....

btw i didnt mind the orginal colour i just wanted something different...

If i did break it i would just of gone to the scrappies.... cheap cheap cheap..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.