Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.

I have an X-TRAIL 2.5 PETROL SVE on a 52 plate purchased used from a independant dealer 6 months ago so now out of warranty, no problems until now.

Make journeys between 15 - 40 minutes shut off i.e shopping and on returning the car will not start. battery seems fine, thought maybe a problem with the NATS system, reset the immob. on five secs off five secs repeat as in the handbook, worked fine on first instance now have to just keep trying until it eventually starts. Somedays do lots of short journeys & restarts no problem, others not so good usually in the most incovenient locations like shop forecourts etc.

Anyone experienced the same problem or has any ideas
Would be grateful for response.
My local Nissan dealer service centre had no idea what NATS was when I phoned them, DOES NOT BODE WELL?

Many Thanks
Dean. (Blackpool)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry I can't help you on this, but just wanted to say that it seems symptomatic of all businesses these days that expertise is simply absent.

Bank staff are no longer trained in banking - just ensuring that they maximise the fees that they charge for their "services". So it is with grease monkeys. They seem to just do the minimum that they can get away with. If they don't understand something, they don't touch it. I simply do not trust franchised dealerships to tell me the truth or to do a job correctly - based on many years experience of many different marques.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi

Petrol Engine on a 52 model

I'd suspect the electrics. Sounds as if as the engine warms up sufficiently a gap might develop an unseen break in an H.T. lead.

Years ago all my car purchases had around 75,000 miles on them and one of the first tasks I performed was to renew the L.T. and H.T. leads.

Xacre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many Thanks for your replies.

Wintonian
I agree seems you just can't get a clear unbiased expert opinion on anything these days.

Xacre
Many Thanks car purchased with 78k on clock will get HT/ LT leads changed anyway, it can't do any harm & who knows it may solve problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts