Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone.

I have just purchased my first Nissan X-trail after much searching around. It is a 2003 2.2di Sport.

It has a few things I would like to 'sort out' if it is economically viable and I am being dazzled by some of the chrome ABS accessories available. So can you helpful people have a look at the following and adise accordingly. I hope to be able to contribute to the the forum in the future myself. So here goes;

• The rear offside door handle surround on the outside is loose. I have had it serviced at the dealers when I bought it last week and they quoted approx £120 to refit a new one. Is this the best solution or is there a simpler/cheaper option?

Connected to this, I have seen the chrome ABS door handle covers available. Has anyone used these and how did you get on or are they not worth it?

I am thinking of having the rear five windows tinted. Has anyone had this done or is there anything I should be aware of if I have this done?

I would like to upgrade the sound system, it has the original radio/cassette with six cd player. Again anyone upgraded and what worked well or not so well.

:eek:fftopic: I have questons on fitting front fogs, running boards, nudge bars and bash plates but it may be that I am just excited.

If anyone can help with any of the above it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By way of an update, I have had the following done.

External door surround replaced at the dealers. Cost £93 for part :!: £46 for labour + VAT.
I am still thinking about the chrome accessories
I have searched around for as much information as possible on tinting, it seems very poular down under. It feels like a good idea but would like to see some pictures of one alreadt done. Anyone got any?
Great little thread going on in the in car entertainment section that is helping

All the other accessorising ideas are still being considered

Any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts