·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i have a 2009 T31 sport with inbuilt satnav etc
mine is the 6 disc cd that plays mp3's
my kids are talking about buying me an ipod nano
does my car take an ipod with no fuss or do i need conversion kits etc?
i would look but the car is not here for the next 2 weeks

·
Registered
210 Posts
theres serveral ways to use an mp3 player in standard fit nissan radios the easiest and lowest (but listenable) quality is the fm modulator which plugs into the ipod and then you just tune into a certain radio station these are very cheap and theres no point in buying expensive ones as there all the same.
another way is more complicated which is to get units that plug in the back and basicaly act as another headunit but i think if you were to do that, you would may as well get a aftermarket headunit which has far better sound quality and more features than the standard nissan ones. i have a kenwood and love it. i feel it makes a huge difference being able to enjoy every frequency sounding as the producer wanted it to (while driving possibly a little to fast as a result).

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Shaggy

You could burn MP3's onto a CD (you should get between 130-140 tracks on a CD - approx) so if you've got a 6 CD player that's between 780 - 840 tracks in total - pretty good. You can download software called Tunebite (approx £12.00) that will convert CD tracks or Ipod tunes to MP3. I use Tunebite and it's good but I wouldn't bother with the upgrade they offer!

Vandy

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do you have a cassette player as part of the 6 CD head unit? If yes then the cheapest option with CD quality sound is to purchase an adapter that connects your Nano via the cassette slot, these can be obtained for as little as a fiver.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree with hglennies advice -change it. I changed my T30 2003 2.5 SVE's Radio/Cd with a double din Pioneer. Avic F900 bt it's a superb bit of kit. Properly controls Ipods via the touch screen (and charges it too). Now I have thousands of songs on the 120gb Ipod classic that lives in the glovebox. Sat Nav, GPS sCamera alerts, LPG POI alerts, Radio, DVD/CD and complete handsfree bluetooth system. Even play video's from the ipod ...while driving if you want... but thats illegal! Entertainment while waiting for SWMBO (wife!).

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 00BT?tab=B

Downside is the six cd changer is now disconnected. Didn't take it out as it would leave a hole!

It's actually better than the new Nissan Connect system...that I have on my other car. I have another ipod that lives in that car. Another plus is no skipping cd when going over the UK's cr4p roads. Solid state rocks !

Fits like a glove in the Xtrail.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Changing the head unit is definately the best option - if you sell the car put the original one back in. I've got an Alpine replacement head and the difference is amazing - well worth it to have the ipod and phone working with steering wheel controls as well.
NB, Have posted details mine this in the "How to" section which may be of help - don't know how to link to the post though?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Vandy said:
Hi Shaggy

You could burn MP3's onto a CD (you should get between 130-140 tracks on a CD - approx) so if you've got a 6 CD player that's between 780 - 840 tracks in total - pretty good. You can download software called Tunebite (approx £12.00) that will convert CD tracks or Ipod tunes to MP3. I use Tunebite and it's good but I wouldn't bother with the upgrade they offer!

Vandy
But - please - burn at 320kBps and not lower. At this rate most people can't tell the difference from a CD - compress it more and it grunges the music more and more.

Personally, I can't listen to MP3 at all - but for most people 320kBps is fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.