Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, does anyone know if there is there a front Skid Plate available here in the UK, found some in OZ at around £300 which is a bit extreme
cheers, Keith

·
Registered
53 Posts
offroad24.com offer a 6mm skid plate however it's expensive.
Horvath.com do a steel skid plate but i get the feeling they buy from alibaba.com who supply in bulk and their plates are only 1.5mm thick. So probably useless.
N4-offroad.com offer a more solid alluminium plate at 8mm thickness. This is a french firm and am not sure what the cost is.
I don't know of any other firm that offers a skid plate for the x-trail.
One alternative is to remove your plastic skid plate and take it to a fabricator. See what the cost is; its worth a go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dinosaur1974 said:
offroad24.com offer a 6mm skid plate however it's expensive.
Horvath.com do a steel skid plate but i get the feeling they buy from alibaba.com who supply in bulk and their plates are only 1.5mm thick. So probably useless.
N4-offroad.com offer a more solid alluminium plate at 8mm thickness. This is a french firm and am not sure what the cost is.
I don't know of any other firm that offers a skid plate for the x-trail.
One alternative is to remove your plastic skid plate and take it to a fabricator. See what the cost is; its worth a go.
hi and many thanks, looking to go with the last option as i have a piece of aluminium checker plate that may just fit the bill
cheers, Keith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.