Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The engine light relating to the DPF recently came on in my XT so I took it to the garage and they did a forced regeneration but it didn't help and they said the DPF is blocked and needs to be replaced but the quote was extortionate. Is there a cheaper alternative I can try?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for everyones advice. I gave Wynn's DPF Cleaner additive a go but I don't think it's made any difference.

I've booked in to have it cleaned here. I'll see if they can take a picture and post it here

Kiera

·
Registered
411 Posts
DPFs can be a problem, particularly if you do a lot of short journeys. Being retired I am more inclined to do shorter journeys in the winter and not so many long journeys, so I have taken to doing a run of 45 minutes or more after every few short journeys just to clean the DPF. It is a bit of a nuisance, and in my opinion self-defeating to a certain extent because it often means I am doing unnecessary mileage and therefore using more fuel than I really need to. Luckily for me I have several fast roads nearby where I can keep at a relatively constant speed of 50 mph+, which usually clears it out ok. The snag is that if the DPF light comes on I have to do that 45 minute run immediately, whatever else I had planned because if I don't the EML is likely to come on too. If that happens the car has to go in for a forced regeneration as it won't then do it itself. I've had that happen twice so far in two years of ownership, and it's the only thing I don't like about the car.

It would be very handy if there was a warning light that came on to indicate that the DPF would need to clean itself soon, or just one to say that it was doing a regen so not to stop until it had finished. I have several regular 30 minute journeys that I do and I often wonder if it is doing a regen. If it is and I turn it off halfway through, it won't count as the DPF won't have got hot enough for long enough.

·
Registered
Fully loaded black sve full leather and tint shes done everything I've asked and more
2 Posts
The engine light relating to the DPF recently came on in my XT so I took it to the garage and they did a forced regeneration but it didn't help and they said the DPF is blocked and needs to be replaced but the quote was extortionate. Is there a cheaper alternative I can try?
You can get it cleaned for about 350 if done properly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts