Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there :biggrin:

We have just bought a 2008 Artix Sport Expedition Adventure (silly name) X Trail 173DCi in thundercloud :biggrin: 17000 miles and 1 owner. We got the dealer (chorley nissan wigan) to fit the cross bars and a towbar and i have removed the side steps as the missus (who's car it is) doesn't like them.

So far we have done around 500 miles and it seems to drive nice, the clutch is a bit abrupt but you get used to it and the sat nav takes some getting used to if you are a TT user :grin: It tows our caravan like it's not there and even on the plastic Dunlop Grandtrek things it handled a slope on a muddy field with the van on the back no problem.

It's back in the dealer on saturday for one of the cross bars to be replaced due to it having a nice chip in it when we picked the car up and for them to have a look at the rear tyres which are very worn on the edges, too worn for a £16000 car IMHO.

One question that the dealer can't answer: How do you turn the Intelligent Key thing off? There are times when the car needs to be running and locked (with no one in it) and other times when we will be sleeping right next to the car in out tent ( i am talking mm's). The handbook says it can be turned off and "consult your local Nissan Dealer" who said at 1st it cannot be done and then we don't know how.
Any idea's?

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hi Stu, welcome to the forum, pleased you like the wifes new toy :lol:
i cannot help you with your question , i have the intelligent key, and it can be a bit of a pain at times, let us know how you get on at the dealers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chaps.

2 dealers have now told me it isn't possible to do it evn though it says you can in the manual. :confused: and even if you can they don't think the keyless start will work :roll:

I will e-mail Nissan direct and ask them. I will let you know if i get any response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.