Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Just buying an x-trail (2004 reg with 75k miles).

It's been main dealer maintained, and they've informed me that we need an m3 service.

Can somebody let me know what M1, M2 and M3 services are?
Also what is a usual service interval on an x-trail?

The dealer has told me the service charge will be in the order of £220.

Many thanks,

Adrian.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Woodgate, welcome. Only joined yesterday myself. M1 service should be carried out every 12, 48, 84 and 120 thousand miles, M2 at 24, 60, 96 thousand miles and M3 at 36, 72 and 108 thousand miles M1 is a basic and the cheapest M2 and M3 are more expensive and include more comprehensive checks and part replacement. If your vehicle has been dealer maintaned M3 sounds right, I just had an equivilant P3 for my 2.5 petrol X Trail cost £280 (ouch), and then they tried charging me an extra £40 for diff oil which should have been included. The details of the different services are contained in tables at the front of your service book.
jus. :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jus & Umbongo.

Apart from a couple of filters, there isn't too much difference between the service checks.

I'm guessing that the price I've been quoted may be exc vat (looking at the other forum topics, it seems a bit light).

I'll keep an eye on the extras too!

Thanks again,

Adrian.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Look out for the extras,think the fuel filter and brake fluid should be changed at every 2 years/25000 miles,but is shown as an extra on the service sheet ,at my 2nd service the main Stealer(GH/MK) didn't do this or ask if I wanted it,but bl---y sure they charged for it.Result 2k later fuel filter clogged and wouldn't rev over 2K. :bigcry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.