Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The X-Trail heating does appear pretty weak - I can only conclude it is down to a combination of factors:

1) The car only has front vents - and has a pretty reasonable volume to fill.

2) The car needs to held above 2000rpm for the heat to build into the cooling system

3) The car has a pretty large cooling system

Having just returned from a weekend in the mountains - I was able to confirm that the car needs to be kept above 2000rpm or the engine temperature drops.

·
Registered
31 Posts
your thermostat maybe needs replacing.... keeping it at 2k seems a little too high... I am getting heat at my idle speed of 900rpm and I am working with subzero temps every day.

only thing I don't like it takes too long to get heat... but thankfully my heated seats helps

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was sub-zero most of the time since I had the car over here (Switzerland). A couple of weeks ago in -13c - it took a very long time coming down the mountain to get the car warm because the revs rarely got above 1500rpm.

I do have to have the temperature dial set around 26deg - to get a real blast of hot air - what about others?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I don't know if it is just a problem with different models, but mine takes about 3 - 4 miles to come up to temperature & stays that way all day with no problems. I am happy with that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked up the Chineese Takeaway the other day, it only took about three miles to warm up and kept the food toasty all the way home. Does that mean I bought a good 'un. I have no experience of heaters due to previous landrover ownership. :biggrin:

Cheers Nick

·
Registered
84 Posts
The modern diesels are extremely efficient so not so much waste heat to warm the cooling system.

I doubt the engine was doing much work coming down the mountains regardless of engine revs.

On tickover or low revs you don't get a lot of wind through the radiator for cooling either so the system should warm up reasonably quick.

I find mine heats up within a couple of miles, no problem.

Xacre

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.