Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my x-trail has started making a knocking noise when i turn right. It sounds like its coming from the front left side. I've had the wheel bearings tightened, which seemed, possibly by coincidence, to stop the noise for a day or two. Just a garage have a quick look and they have given me no new ideas as to what is wrong. Any ideas?
Ty
Sarah :headbang:

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Hi Sarah,
What garage was that then?......................can't be that good a garage or they just didn't want the work. This could be anything from wheel bearing,steering,suspension,brakes,etc. This really needs sorting out or you could end up having a accident if you carry on driving it. I can give you a good link for Bosch Car Service they also do repairs and they're good and you won't get ripped off by them, they keep you informed before any major repairs take place and they'll give you a price.

Nationwide:Bosch Car Service

http://www.boschcarservice.co.uk/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't seem to effect the drive, and there's no play in the left wheel so its really confusing. It doesn't happen every time I turn either. I wondered if it could be a ball joint or something, but then surely the noise would happen all the time? I'm meant to be driving to Great Yarmouth tomorrow so am really narked that this problem hasn't gone. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.