Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
DUSZ said:
Do the volume controls buttons on the steering wheel still work?
Is it also DAB+ or just FM?
I dont have buttons on my steering wheel. And just FM but for 26 quid can't complain
I was expecting ot to be laggy and hesitate when pressing buttons but it doesn't its nice and sharp

·
Registered
Nissan X Trail Columbia 2.2 DCi 2006
686 Posts
T30Olly said:
Noticed a bit of wobbling under heavy braking so swapped the brakes over for a set of brembos
Where's the grooves and cross drillings?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Haven't updated in a while so...recently I've fitted new bottom arm (ball joint was gone completely), track rod ends, and a caliper. But in the process of removing the drop link when I eventually manged to free it off I punchered a hole in me thumb between the spanner and the brake hose bracket.

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Won't be the first or last time you will scrape the skin on your hands :biggrin:You did a good job on that .

It's a sod getting the nut off the ball joint so I used a good bit of heat on mine and managed to get it moving ,there is no real room to get a ring spanner on it but with heat and an open ended it soon moved.How did you get on with yours ? .I had to use a chisel on my daughters ball joint to get the nut off but worked surprisingly well .I tend to replace drop links as well, so that I can just cut them off .One thing I will add though is use silicone grease on the slider pins or slider pin grease .I found the copper grease hardens after a while and restricts movement of pin.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
leafy said:
Won't be the first or last time you will scrape the skin on your hands :biggrin:You did a good job on that .

It's a sod getting the nut off the ball joint so I used a good bit of heat on mine and managed to get it moving ,there is no real room to get a ring spanner on it but with heat and an open ended it soon moved.How did you get on with yours ? .I had to use a chisel on my daughters ball joint to get the nut off but worked surprisingly well .I tend to replace drop links as well, so that I can just cut them off .One thing I will add though is use silicone grease on the slider pins or slider pin grease .I found the copper grease hardens after a while and restricts movement of pin.
Yeah your right there! I used a hammer and chisel too come off alright my nut was that rusty it just rounded off with a spanner. Yeah the drop links will just get cut straight off as well. Ahhhh honestly I've used copper slip on them ill see how they get on. Tracking is a mile off now :roll:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts