Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found a good product for keeping leather seats clean and shiny without making them slippery? I used some Holts leather wipes recently and now have to stop myself sliding off into the footwell every time I brake :oops:, my passengers think its quite a laugh tho :lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Digger said:
Anyone found a good product for keeping leather seats clean and shiny without making them slippery? I used some Holts leather wipes recently and now have to stop myself sliding off into the footwell every time I brake :oops:, my passengers think its quite a laugh tho :lol:
Why would you want them shiny :eek: they didn't come like that!

Johnsons baby wipes every time, if they're good enough for baby's ars.......

·
Registered
38 Posts
From my experience leather does not shine after wear and tear, it flattens and dulls. If it shines, would expect it has had products on it in the past, ie silicon based products..... the worse kind. Would recommend a gentle wash with a microfibre cloth with warm soapy water solution or Autoglym interior shampoo, followed by either Gliptone Leather care or Autoglym Leather cream.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An upholsterer and also the salesman where I bought my suite from both told me the best thing was to use baby wipes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
crazyhazy said:
An upholsterer and also the salesman where I bought my suite from both told me the best thing was to use baby wipes.
the reason they tell you to use baby wipes is because they are mild and do not contain strong solvents and are not abrasive. a damp cloth will work just as well as baby wipes. that is all i use on my leather suites.

·
Registered
43 Posts
jph1971 said:
crazyhazy said:
the reason they tell you to use baby wipes is because they are mild and do not contain strong solvents and are not abrasive. a damp cloth will work just as well as baby wipes. that is all i use on my leather suites.
+1 for me as well. Damp cloth :thumbs:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Pears soap,the orange coloured transparent bar works wonders cleaning leather seats, just give it a try,its only 50p a bar, the apply some leather conditioner after the leather has dried, they will look like new

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

For cleaning leather, baby wipes every time.

However, recently bought an ex-demo and found that there are some cuts in the driver's seat :bigcry: -looks like someone had a pager in their back pocket...

Any ideas how I could repair them before they get any larger..?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Excuse my saying, but there are no leather seats that are not slippery. They all do. Only solution is a 4 point seat-belt I'm afraid... no kidding!!
In Holland we have an special leather, called Nappa. That's not slippery, but not suitable for cars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts