Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're off to France in August with the Exy. Last time we went in my Skoda Octavia and i put beam adjusters onto the headlights (basically they were stickers), however, upon returning and pealing them off the lights, they left a nasty sticky residue and mark on the lens. I want to avoid this with our Exy. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

gg

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
hglennie said:
a few people put the headlamp protectors on (the plastic covers) and then put the beam deflectors onto the headlamp protector (these easily unclip when not needed and can be reused.
Yes - this is what I do.

I go abroad often and hate all the sticky residue.

I got the headlamp protectors on-line from Proppa - stuck the beam deflectors on the protectors which clip on and off quickly and easily.

The added advantage is that you only clip them on at the ferry port and clip them off when you arrive back at the French port, so you can drive back in the UK immediately with the correct beam.

I also changed the headlamp bulbs to the "Extreme" type - in the Auto Express test the Philips came out best, but I could not find them easily and got the Halfords version as they were doing a "two for the price of one" deal. I did this to compensate for the light loss caused by the beam deflectors and get a decent light level while driving abroad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.