Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an x trail DI sport 2.2 diesel 2003 model and so far Im loving it! Quick question - I noticed there is no 'grille' in the bumper section below the front number plate, the question is, should it have one? Ive searched the net and phoned a breakers yard, but no one seems to know!! I drove around looking for other x trails, found an 01 model in the next village, which also didnt have one! So should it have one or not?? Any advice welcome!

·
Registered
198 Posts
sgreen1234 said:
I just bought an x trail DI sport 2.2 diesel 2003 model and so far Im loving it! Quick question - I noticed there is no 'grille' in the bumper section below the front number plate, the question is, should it have one? Ive searched the net and phoned a breakers yard, but no one seems to know!! I drove around looking for other x trails, found an 01 model in the next village, which also didnt have one! So should it have one or not?? Any advice welcome!
No it should not have one there, the only 'grill' is between the headlights, I have an 04 SVE and that does not either.
I did try to fashion one myself using aluminium mesh grill wich you can get from Halfords etc, but couldnt find a way of securing it properly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mate - that puts my mind at rest! I think I'll give Halfords a miss - if it doesnt have one, it mustn't need one!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've bought some black anodised mesh to fit to this aperture beneath the bumper- basically to serve as protection for the lower radiator etc.
I haven't got round to it yet- it'll mean removing the front bumper to work on it.
I understand the car customiser boys use blobs of body filler to fit these things.
IUTLS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive got an 02 sport and I thought the same thing, I was washing it a week or so after buying it and thought that a bit was missing, I then spent ages searching for decent pics of the front end to see if it should have one. I cant be ar$ed to fashion one so will leave it be :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I do think it would be nice to see something in it though....black sounds good, but sadly no good at making things look nice, only muddy :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts