Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First post to this website I would be grateful for any help, I own a Nissan X-Trail 2.2 DCI 136 (97k) and it was serviced 3k ago. Last Sunday it started misfiring, judering and lost power as soon as the turbo comes starts to graft I can drive it fine before I get to around 2K rpm, at first I thought it was just the turbo or a pipe off but my mechanic seems to think this is fine and thinks it is the fuel pump, I have it booked in for a diagnostics check tomorrow to see if that throws anything up, but would be I would be very grateful if anybody else could give me some ideas of what it could be.

Where about is the fuel filters on these?

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

Thanks for that will give that ago, do they have two fuel filters? is the fuel filter in the tank ? I've been looking at one in the engine bay thinking it is a fuel filter.

Thanks Again

·
Registered
86 Posts
suburaimpreza07 said:
Hi,

Thanks for that will give that ago, do they have two fuel filters? is the fuel filter in the tank ? I've been looking at one in the engine bay thinking it is a fuel filter.

Thanks Again
Please see my post " noisey starting from cold"

I had a fuel filter replaced yesterday at a cost of £75 plus labour, plus vat OUCH
See my profile for the type of vehicle.

It is like a large aluminium casting about the size of a coke can with some pipes coming out the top near the
bulkhead slightly to the right as you look in the engine bay.

Once bitten twice shy I have managed to buy another one off e-bay for...wait for it.. £24 delivered.. :shock:
Its a genuine Nissan part (new) and has the same part number as the one I had fitted yesterday.
The item No is 350103468482 and at the time of writing he had one other one.. I would recommend confirming
part number with your vehicle/main dealer. I have also changed the air filter today as it was black and clearly
wasn't replaced 7000 miles ago at its last service... Thanks maindealer.

Good luck and welcome to the forum
akastiggy :thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello thanks for all the help, i'm a little confused to where the fuel filter, is it in the boot or in the engine bay thanks for all the help again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
I had a simular problem on my 2002 2.2 diesel xtrail. it kept going into limp mode , but did not give any codes at all on consult .
I had the two valves changed on the fuel pump 4 months ago and the car was fine until last week, whem it keeps going into limp mode again. the managemnet light does not come on. the fuel filter under the bonnet was changed at the same time as the pump valves . Its a bit of a nuisnace, so hopefully someone has a idea what it is.

The car has done 63000, FSH one owner
help please!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

thanks for all the help it is now working, changed the fuel filter this morning (it is freezing like) and all is fine.

Thanks for all the help. :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts