Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm if the following switches should illuminate when the main lights are on? Not sure if they are supposed to light up or not as they have been off since I got the car
The AUTO switch on the aircon/heater controls
The Rear Demister - not the red light that comes on when you press it but a illumination when the lights are on.

52 Plate Xtrail Sport 2.0 Petrol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Chris
did you ever sort this out was it how it was supposed to be? I have a 2002 sport same as you and like yours the ac button on mine doesn't light up and the next one to it the windscreen blower (is this the one one you meant in the post) doesnt light up also but they are the only 2 that have lights above them that come on when you press them.So is this how its supposed to be?
Umbongo you mention a fuse in your post but I'm sure Chris means the blower and not rear demister as a red light comes on above it as he mentions in his post and the rear demister is also on a different part of the dash.Also in your link it is one bulb for the illumination of controls,so it can't be a bulb problem as like chris's all the others light up.
Ive had the car a year now and its never bothered me but after reading this thread a couple of weeks ago its getting on my nerves a little bit now not knowing,so SOS please anyone.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bluemoon said:
Come on guys,I know you don't have to help if you don't want but since I posted 2 days ago approx 30 people have read this post and no responce,come on just tell me what your panel shows.
When my lights are on the following happens:

> Sat Nav Screen Dims,
> Dashboard (Speedo/Rev counter etc) light up
> Air flow/fan speed/A.C light up
> Radio buttons illumiate (1-6, FM/AM, Eject etc).

Hope that helps?

Jon

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks John all info given is appreciated.On my temperature unit on the buttons going left to right are 1.off button(lit),2.fan speed button(lit),3.mode(lit) then the 4.windscreen blower and 5.ac (dont light up) then the 6.auto button (lit).
The 2 that don't light up(windscreen blower and a.c) have little lights above them that come on when you press them.Is this how it is or should the windscreen and a.c be lit full time also also?
Also now the heater is making a noise on fan speed 1 to 3, :headbang:

·
Registered
89 Posts
alanandmarce said:
OK, I went down and had a look.

Here is my dash:

1) Lights on, plus AC, external air source selected, HRW on.
2) Lights on only, nothing else.

Hope this helps
Yep mine is the same as that. Also my 2WD/Auto/4WD dial lights up too.

Jon

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi Bluemoon,looks like you've got a T30 MK1,mines a MK2,different dash layout, so can't help,but would be helpful if you can fill in your profile,go onto the users control panel(top right),so anyone looking can see which model you're asking about. :biggrin:

·
Registered
30 Posts
woodsie said:
Hi Bluemoon,looks like you've got a T30 MK1,mines a MK2,different dash layout, so can't help,but would be helpful if you can fill in your profile,go onto the users control panel(top right),so anyone looking can see which model you're asking about. :biggrin:
New to it all so didn't even know there was a T30 mk1 or mk2. :oops:
Put the info in my profile but couldn't find where to save it once Ive put it in. :sad:

·
Registered
30 Posts
WAK said:
2003 ( early model ) .
All my air-con switches have a light on when the car lights are on .
When switches are operated 'De-Fog ' and 'Air con ' have an indicator light.
Thanks Wak thats the answer Ive been looking for.So there is something wrong with mine and the original poster both have the same problem.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have the same layout as you (T30 MK1) all lights come on in green when the main lights are on. When you press the demist button you get a red light over the demist button and a green light over the AC.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Bluemoon said:
Put the info in my profile but couldn't find where to save it once Ive put it in. :sad:
Put the info in and scroll down to the bottom and to the right... you'll find the 'submit' button. It's not your fault that you couldn't find it... many haven't as it's not very well placed :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.