Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi being usless with computer stuff the kids got me an Mp3 player and put all my old music onto it this was great when i had the sony radio-cassette with 12 disc thingymagig in the rear.

Now the Xtrail has a cd radio I can't plug in my MP3 player :cry:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to wait for the kids to sort it when it arrives I am not a whiz with technology. My video in the house has neve been tuned to the chanels i have stickers on to tell me channel 5 is 2 and 1 is 5 etc. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Or what I did was to convert the Ipod libary to .MP3 files (dB power amp music converter, free 30 day trial off the internet - or buy cheaply) then burnt them onto a CD with Nero as a MP3 disk. (about 5 CD will cover a 8g ipod) the X trail CD player will then show the folders and tracks for you to select. I have tried one of those FM converters, but find if you go in a big urban area (inside M25 e.g.) there are few spare slots in the FM Spectrum - and they move around.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am really frustrated at the moment trying to find a good ipod solution. I now own a T31 Aventurer Explorer having previously owned a T30.
Initially on the T30 I tried an fm-transmitter connector but found the number of times I needed to change frequencies unacceptable (I was almost filling up all the presets on the radio to save manually retuning!)
I contacted a Nissan dealer and had fitted a 'Nissan' (Clarion) connector box that was physically wired to the aerial input in the back of the radio. It was quite good in use but it suffered severe interference if I tried to charge the ipod as it played. The ipod connected from the 3.5 earphone out via split audio jacks into a small box fitted in the driver's dash top box. It had an on-off power switch and came through the radio on a station preset.
I am not certain but I think the solution I mention above prevents incoming RDS (traffic) signals and would prevent the new SATNAV from collecting traffic info used to indicate problems and suggest diversions. I have found this feature useful and would not want to block it.

I have tried e-mailing Nissan but receive a stock: We would recommend you speak to your local Nissan dealer on this matter. Their parts department will be able to assist you with your query. If you are unhappy with the response from your dealership we would advise contacting a second Nissan dealership.I have tried e-mailing a few local auto-audio dealers and tried Halfords, but rocking-horse droppings seem easier to locate than solutions for this.

Are there really no solutions?

ps. Does anyone know who manufactures the radio/SATNAV as I would pursue them for a solution if I knew who to contact?
I feel sure I cannot be the only person looking for solutions to this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
garyrpg said:
ps. Does anyone know who manufactures the radio/SATNAV as I would pursue them for a solution if I knew who to contact?
I feel sure I cannot be the only person looking for solutions to this.
You're not. We're just going back to an X-Trail from a Qashqai and I'm currently researching the same issue in the hope I can find a solution. I'm not encouraged by what I've found so far (i.e nothing useful) and your message :frown:.

We're having the same Clarion connector box fitted but I hoped it would be an interim solution. The salesman knows it's a Clarion head unit but he doesn't know the model number. He said he'll try to find out but...

It's a shame Nissan can't get their act together on the iPod front. The only acceptable (to us) solution we found on the Qashqai was to change the head unit which I was hoping not to have to do on the X-Trail.

Oh, this is my first post here so "Hi" :thumbs:

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for posting about the Xcarlink. It got me quite excited for a while as it sounds the business! Their website even shows a picture of the correct radio facia in the compatibility list. But - the fact is it won't work!

The integrated 6cd changer/radio does not have an external cd changer input (why would it when it has one built in?) This means that the Xcarlink has nowhere to plug in and therefore won't work.

Took me a long time to find this - including removing the unit and sending photos to xcarlink.

Sorry to disappoint. :(

Gary

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the 6 disc changer unit in my T31 and i wanted mp3 compatibility but couldn't find a solution until i seen a Nissan Connect head unit for sale on ebay just removed my old head unit and put connect one in all working great.

Thread about it here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1764

Dave

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is there an up-to-date solution to this that anyone knows about, that does not neccessitate replacing the 6-CD/radio unit?

Thanks. Stu :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts