Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I purchased an X-trail 2006 on a 55 plate over the weekend and I am very pleased with it.

Theres no display for miles per gallon, can this be added ?

Cheers

Jay

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stupid isn't it..... I will keep a watch on this one and see how you fair with a reply. I am constantly watching the fuel and the mileage and then working out mpg after a refill. Other than that the car is great but i am convinced I am getting awful MPG.

:shock:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got 411 miles from a full tank last week. I've just worked it out and I got roughly 31.13 miles per gallon which isn't too bad for a 4 x 4.

Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
380 miles on £44.00 worth of diesel at 99.9p per litre on a full tank with very careful driving and the first 200 miles motorway! however on a previous post i noted that the tyre pressures were crazy so this may improve!

:roll:

Still i love the car :) towing this weekend so i will be refilling that tiny tank every 4 minutes :bigcry:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dano940 said:
I got 411 miles from a full tank last week. I've just worked it out and I got roughly 31.13 miles per gallon which isn't too bad for a 4 x 4.

Dan
Is your xtrail an automatic? That might explain the lower MPG compared to my manual.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, Nissan were a bit mean when they equipped the X-Trail. Similar age Nissan Primeras had all sorts of dashboard gizmos, including a full screen mpg, tripmeter, service indicator etc. etc.
My 2004 2.5 petrol manual X-Trail Sport does about 25mpg when towing the caravan at sensible speeds. Ussed as a commuter in the West Midlands it does between 26mpg and 30mpg, depending on my mood when driving and the season. Air con use costs very roughly 1 mpg. All done in 2wd mode. Use of 4wd, even in 'Auto' seems to cost about 2 mpg.
On a run, the car does about 31mpg driven at normal motorway-traffic speeds. Crusing trips across Mid Wales will see 33 to 35mpg. My record was when I deliberately set out to do the best ever mpg. Driving in glass-of-water-on-bonnet fashion in Mid Wales, limiting myself to an indicated 60mph, even on the M54, I made it go 37mpg on one run! This was two-up with luggage and dogs. Incredibly for a 2500cc petrol estate car with 4wd (-switched-off).
All these figures are calculated by re-fuelling to pump-click #1, zeroing tripmeter, and converting at 4.546 L per gallon.
IUTLS.

·
Registered
39 Posts
AnthonyC76 said:
Dano940 said:

Dan
Is your xtrail an automatic? That might explain the lower MPG compared to my manual.
Oh eck! You've got me all worried now!

No its a 2.2 diesel. I did the run on a motorway (mainly) around 70-75mph all the way.

Am I getting a poor return then?

Dan

·
Registered
84 Posts
I used to regularly get 36 mpg in my 04 2.2 X-trail which included motorway trips of 75 mph'ish.

With my 08 2.0 I've just returned from the Lake District and returned 40 mpg (over 300 miles) - all motorway at roughly 75 mph (on the speedo).

Xacre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Driving my 2.2 diesel carefully, I get 34 - 36 mpg overall in summer, and 31- 33 in winter. Strangely these only improve by around 3 mpg on long runs and motorways. Never got anywhere near Nissan's Extra Urban figures.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think that this thread should be under the T30 section.

My 2006 T30 2.2 diesel had a problem of a slight judder at about 2000 rpm in 6th gear, it also had poor mpg as you describe. After a lot of nagging to Nissan the judder was finally resolved by a software update. This also improved the mpg a bit but I never achieved the Nissan figures.

Before that I had a 2003 model which gave me almost exactly the Nissan quoted average mpg. I now have a 2009 T31 which again gives me around the Nissan figures.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Just completed a trip this morning, The Wirral to Solihull & back, nearly all motorway at approximately 80 MPH & returned a reading of 35 MPG.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts