Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help.. I have a 2006 2.5 Petrol which has been converted to LPG for just a year .. Over the past couple of months i have had the code 0300 flash and the MIL has stayed on.. I have run over the last 2 weeks on petrol and the same fault occurs..Its had 3 sets of new NGK plugs and all the lpg filter etc.. have been changed.. the misfire seem to happen 5 mins into journey and at about 2000 rpm but after that it seems to run fine... It has been to a local very good garage and on the computer it comes up as general misfire 0300..There was also a rattle on the exhaust and they found that the cat is knacked.. As part of the fault finding process it has been to Nissan who also found the cat had gone. Both garage seem to think is not the cat causing it but something else.. Nissan say the ignition coils are ok...Nissan have said that the LPG had caused the misfire and cat problems and wouldn't help any further.. Has anyone else had any issues like this before.. James

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.. After further investigation, i have replaced the cat and all four coil packs which haven't worked..(The Cat is working fine now).. I have had the petrol injectors cleaned and this hasn't worked..The LPG is also running well.. When taken out for a test drive the MIL light comes on at 2000 rpm on both petrol and LPG.. But the car doesn't misfire even though the code is flashing.. My friend who worked for land rover for 30 years has had a look and thinks it an electrical fault.. Has anyone had problem with the ECU?? or camshaft sensor etc..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.